Of Cabbages and Kings

On a crusade to find myself

Friday, August 25, 2006

What do you bring to the desk ?

Do the things that you collect on your work desk describe your personality ? I wonder....?

Why is it that we all have "small toys" on our desk ?

On my desk in office, apart from the office computers and stuff, I have the following

~4 idols of lord Ganesh
~1 photgraph of Lord Ganesh
~1 Statue of mother Mary
~1 Statue of the laughing Buddha
~ 3 miniature Diwali lanterns hanging from the corners of my computer screen
~1 horse shoe !!
~1 7 inch miniature black and white TV
~My blackberry craddle
~My Palm Pilot craddle (which I do not use any more)
~A few family photographs on the pin-up board behind the computer

..phew !!.. quite a crowded desk !!

.. Does this signify that I am superstitious (horse shoe), Religious (all the idols / pictures),
Sentmental (lanterns - given to me by friends from my operations team) or a family man (photographs)... ?

What do you have on your desk ? and what does it signify ?

6 Comments:

Blogger mtalpz said...

I have plants at my desk..I choose not to have anything else displayed on the desk...

11:33 AM  
Blogger Keshi said...

what an interesting post!

U have all those thing son ur desk? wow! Me thinks u r God-loving and a an affectionate family guy?

My office desk is really neat...cos Im a neat-freak :) I have all docs/CDs/Office accesoories arranged neatly on the side anda part from that I have the following items:

*2 teddies (soft-toys) given to me as presents
*1 cute card sent by a friend overseas
*2 pretty stickers
*a bottle of water
*Daffodil-day flowers

and thats abt it :)


Keshi.

5:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

interesting..ive got a couple of family photos on my desk and a recent addition of a small laughing buddha on the top of my screen..also got an indian flag recently..to compete with the Oz guy in my team who had his flag all over!!

3:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of my colleagues in London had one of the neatest desks that everyone envied.

.. till they glanced down at his feet. There were these 2 feet high stacks of papers/ reports which he had just shoved below the table.

Talk about appearances being deceptive :)

1:06 AM  
Blogger seattle_smoke said...

Is that ur office or rest house!!???

My table always has this 2-inches of unattended documents all the time.I clear them up, and they pile up again! I don't keep any item of relegious importance. I do have a miniature national flag though.No showpieces but ive made a cute wallhanging from corrupt floppy films. Theone thing I love abt my table is sports these beautiful greeting cards from my colleagues, whom I really like. It can detox my mind anytime.

good post.

8:40 AM  
Blogger Fanaah said...

That was a nice post! Well I have nothing at office-I dont like the clutter.
But my work station at home has postcards of my favorite quotes, loads of photographs, small gifts from my close friend ekta, crystals which enduce positive vibes(given by dearest rashi)

And a huge card that says "Life is so hard--its breathe breathe breathe all the time"

9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home