Of Cabbages and Kings

On a crusade to find myself

Monday, July 31, 2006

Trust !

Man is a “trusting” animal.. That is such a large statement !Most of our problems start because we trust.. But if we did not trust one and other, would society, marriage, and friendship exist ?What I mean by trust will be highlighted in the following examples

  • When you take a cab to work.. You fully trust the driver that he will not cause an accident
  • When you go to a doctor, you trust his judgment that he will rid you off your pain
  • When you are driving and people are trying to cross the road ahead of your car (happens often in India) by jay-walking, you are trusting their judgment that they would cross before your car passes them


There are many such examples, where without knowing it we trust people that we barely know.
However, if we did not .. Would it not be tough to live in this hazardous world ?

5 Comments:

Blogger mtalpz said...

Problems start not because we trust one another..but because the trust is betrayed many a times!
Belief and Trust, Huge words they are!

11:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will you trust your institution?? what happen if it tells you that you will eventually lose something or someone and one day it really happened?!
you won't believe what happen last nite.....I lost my tiffany diamond ring and I thought it might be threw to the garbage bag by myself yesterday by accident, so I spent a lot time and effort to convince the doorman to allow me to find my ring from those garbage bags.....I wore mask and plastic glove to the backyard where they gather all the garbage.(at 12:30 mid night) ......I was well prepared but there was cockroach, who like security guard to prevent me to find my ring, and its so difficult to recognize which garbage bag is mine.....gosh....
I can hear the sound of my heart broken, and I will just pretend I never own the ring, plus all the stories will also be buried w/t the ring.........

9:29 PM  
Blogger Fanaah said...

Ironically we trust strangers, and have little trust in the people we know. As mtalpz says we learn from experience-and trust many a time is broken.
But it is more important to trust ourselves in life.

5:20 AM  
Blogger seattle_smoke said...

Nobody trusts the cab driver or doctor.They trust in God and fate or your judgemnet. Thats typical "fatalistic" attitude ingrained in Indian psyche..

11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! Picture of ativan and lorazapam http://www.replacement-mattress-for-adjustable-bed.info/Acid_reflux_and_nexium.html hostel prague 89 volvo 740 turbo wagon archos jukebox mp3 player

2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home