Of Cabbages and Kings

On a crusade to find myself

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Of Shoes and Men

I have seen numerous women who love shopping for shoes.. For some its about finding the perfect fit (I thought the perfect fit was limited to the perfect man).. to others it’s a way to relieve stress (shoes relieve stress.. “these women are crazy” – like Obelix would say)
Someone just told me the following
“Girls are always looking for a perfect pair of shoes.. somewhat like looking for Mr. Perfect.. However, what seems like a perfect fit may not be perfect a few months later.. so they look again”
The other day I went to a shoe shop that was three storeys in size.. around 30000 square feet “(larger than my office).. Its called the Loft .. at Lokhandwala in Andheri.. I am sure it’s a paradise for these women to land up in places like this..
Do men really look at a lady’s shoes ? Legs yes.. But shoes ?? Does the line of vision go that low ? Wink !!
Anyways…Not a nice feeling to be compared to shoes..

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

new Loft at Lokhandwala ... I thought there was only one at Powai :):)

10:56 PM  
Blogger Parag said...

you are righ roberto.. its at Powai..

11:06 PM  
Blogger Fanaah said...

I was going to comment its at Powai, but someone corrected you faster.
Well buying a pair of shoes and getting rid of depression has been long linked.
As my closest friend Ekta painted on a T-shirt for me, "When Im tired of buying shoes, I sit down and try on all of them"

11:41 PM  
Blogger mtalpz said...

My collection of these is soon to reach half century..:) but well..maybe before that ill get rid of all the old ones and buy totally new ones
need to visit Loft!

8:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

in addition to the reasons you mentioned..i also think women end up buying more shoes because they need the perfect match for their attire and considering the various types of clothes women can wear the choice of shoes to match keeps increasing
i myself wonder..if the shoes match the purse? do they match the dress? buy shoes to match purse? buy dress to match shoes? its like a viscious circle.

8:57 AM  
Blogger Ess said...

lol...
Does the line of vision go that low ? :)

even I cant understand why they need so many shoes. I got a couple of shoes tht go on formals/casuals and sneakers...and thats about it :)

8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home