Of Cabbages and Kings

On a crusade to find myself

Friday, January 06, 2006

Eesha .. My Daughter.. My Strength..

I have written many blogs about my son but have rarely mentioned my daughter.. She is growing up into a very beautiful woman..

My daughter, Eesha, has started using words like “yuks” and “cool” since she has moved up the classes in her school (She is now in Class 4)

I guess there is a reason why the standards in school are called classes.. One learns more jargon as one moves up the “classes”

There is also a marked attitude change.. As she approaches her 10th year of age, she has started taking better care of herself. She is more conscious of brushing her teeth after food, wearing matching clothes and brushing her hair before stepping out of the house.

Since my son, Neel, was born, Eesha has suddenly grown up. She is now the “elder” sister. She likes to boss around with young Neel (though he is as aggressive and difficult to boss around with).

However, I feel that being a girl, by default makes her more sensitive (she cries even at a small shout – While even a whack on the backside has no effect on my son), She understands more that parents need some time of their own and is more caring as a person.

She is also more creative and is pretty good at dancing (I was surprised to see her dance at this New Years Ball) .. While Neel (like me) has two left feet !!

Well most important of all .. She is my strength.. I often tell her that .. and she often tells me that she loves me twice as much as I love her…

3 Comments:

Blogger mtalpz said...

Y dont you post eesha's pic too? Whatever little time I have spent with Eesha I have seen her grow too, especially on my last visit home.

6:52 AM  
Blogger Fanaah said...

Heh I used to be like that too- if my father ever said "keep quiet!!" in an angry tone, i would just burst into tears. And then some things dont change...

9:45 AM  
Blogger mtalpz said...

and her dancing genes come definitely from her mom :)

7:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home