Of Cabbages and Kings

On a crusade to find myself

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Raindrops on Roses...

With the rains hitting Mumbai all of last two days, the city is really living it up..

Whether it is someone going for Omelets and Waffles at Bandstand or someone getting sprayed in the waves at Worli Seaface and hogging Vada Pavs after that.. Everyone seems to be enjoying the weather in their own ways..

I went for a drive last evening and saw atleast 2000 people at Worli Seaface. And another 1000 playing soccer at Shivaji Park.

The heavy rains today, caused visibility to be low in the morning on the way to work and I thought that attendance may be low due to the trains being paralysed.. I was pleasantly surprised to see my entire department at work today.. That's the spirit of the city..

Rain to me is a mix of many feelings and memories .... To start with ..freedom, the pleasant smell of the mud, warm pakodas with cutting chai, Misal Pav, double seat rides on the bike, playing soccer in the mud, schools closed, waddling though the water in shorts to go and see a movie at the nearby theater, playing rummy with friends, riding bicycles..Andd many more things..

I could sing all these things on the lines of "Raindrops on roses." From the Sound of Music..
Rains would certainly feature in the list of my favourite things...

1 Comments:

Blogger Fanaah said...

Rains are my favorite season too! The wada pav guy at worli is awesome, but nothing beats the wada pav guy behind HR college-we would goto marine drive and then have wada pav and cutting chai!
Though waffles and omlette and bandstand- I wonder who those lucky ppl are.

Salute to Mumbai's spirit!

6:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home