Of Cabbages and Kings

On a crusade to find myself

Thursday, January 12, 2006

My boss quits .. after 10 years together..

It took me a good 10 years and my boss to quit to realise what my firm had given me.. Imense confidence and the ability to believe in myself.
I had joined the firm when it was like a small startup and with great effort we have taken it to the mamoth that it is today.. Many team members deserted us on the way.. May it be foir better prospects, due to internal pressures or for an educational indulgence ! A few of us continued relentlessly.. Holding up the firm likr pillars of strength.. But it was too good to last.. Last week, one of the pillars fell and the building seemed to tilt a little.. But.. I feel the pain is temporary.. The firm remains larger than people.. It dawned to me that we all do not matter.. In 50 years we will be well forgotten.. Will we be remembered 10 years hence.. ? I doubt that too.. So its all a question of time.. We are just pages of a book being blown around by the winds of time.. What remains is the firm we built !

1 Comments:

Blogger Fanaah said...

Like we learnt at 16 in college, that a that a company is not a person, and that if a person leaves or ceases to exist-the company still lives on.

10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home