Of Cabbages and Kings

On a crusade to find myself

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Michael Douglas grows old

Though I had decided to sleep on the flight from Mumbai to London, and I was really sleepy before I boarded the flight.. I was suddenly wide awake as soon as I sat down in my seat ! This happend to me often.. So with a diet coke in hand, I started to surf the movies on the British Airways' entertainment system..
What caught my eye was the new Michael Doughlas movie- The Sentinel.
To summarise the movie in one word... "SAD".
Michael Doughlas looks very old (sorry Catherine Zeta Jones) and so does Kim Basinger .
Even the love scenes are cut short (very unlike Mike Douglas movie)
His performance (in the film in general and also in the love scenes) is nowhere close to Basic Instinct and Wallstreet (one of my all time favourite films)

On the movie in general.. Very sad storyline..Based on the lines of Miami-blues. Good cop, bad cop story with a plot to assasinate the US president.
Despite the solid cast, a lack of storyline kills the film.

Absolute avoid.. especially on long flights.. Its better to grab some sleep!! Plan to see MI3 on the way back.. That was a quick review from London

8 Comments:

Blogger mtalpz said...

Parag Gude..reporting live from London :)

11:51 AM  
Blogger mtalpz said...

BTW...However MI3 is, dont care..coz Tomcruise stars in it.

11:51 AM  
Blogger Keshi said...

heyy Parag tnxxx for stopping by my virtual home. Next time stay for some coffee ok :)


**Even the love scenes are cut short

MD doing love scenes right now would put me off...he seriously looks stressed out than old. I really dunno what that Zeta girl is doing with him.

Keshi.

5:55 PM  
Blogger Anand said...

hey havent heard of this movie..but seems interesting..on my list of must see!

12:39 AM  
Blogger Parag said...

Mtalpz - you dont like Tom Cruise ? Must be amongst the very few girls on this planet.. However, I think he is growing old too.. Ala Douglas..

Keshi - I would like to know too.. What is the Zeta girl doing with Mile Douglas ? - i mean literally !

Anand - this movie is an absolute avoid.. Dont waste your time

1:34 AM  
Blogger seattle_smoke said...

MD is way past age for *love scenes* or *american prezidnt*..He can play some'un's father or prolly a villain.The best middle aged actor to me is SEAN BEAN forever...Thanks for the in flight review though!

1:45 AM  
Blogger mtalpz said...

No i meant...i dont care about the review, If TomCruise stars in it thats a good enough reason to watch it!

4:42 AM  
Blogger Keshi said...

hehehehe nuttin I suppose. lol!

Keshi.

10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home