Of Cabbages and Kings

On a crusade to find myself

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Don’t Die With The Music Still In You

I feel that all of us are born with a purpose.. We come to this planet with a specific reason and a goal. We are all born so “mouldable”, but, tend to get “conditioned” as we grow.. We get conditioned based on our race, religion, sex, size, parent’s beliefs etc.
We are “trained” to believe that certain things are right and others are wrong.. In going through life, we often tend to do things “because we are supposed to do them”
For example, we become doctors because that is the “right thing” to do.. But do not enjoy going to the hospital every day and may have preferred being a painter instead !!

How do we know what we are here to do.. ? I feel that there is a certain voice inside us that tells us what is right and what is wrong from our “heart’s point of view”
In the above example, from the brain’s point of view, the doctor’s profession may be the right thing.. because it pays for the expenses and gives us the prestige in the society…
But something inside us will keep sitting on our shoulder and pushing us .. telling us that this is not our music !! That is the heart’s point of view

How do we balance? I think we should spare a little part of the day to do what we like the best... It could be stringing a guitar (like one of my blog friends) or painting (like my daughter) or anything else like writing, singing etc

These talents should not die with you.. They have to find an outlet..
One of the great speakers has said...”Don’t Die With The Music Still In You”

That is exactly what I mean..
What’s it that you like to do? What’s your music?

9 Comments:

Blogger Fanaah said...

I just like it when people around me are happy, its so simple and yet its so difficult to free people. In the business of freeing people.
I wanna do just that...

Apart from that its writing, playing around with adobe, and what rashi discovered another trait last evening I spent 2 hrs getting rid of her virus on her lappie, completely charges me up.

2:57 AM  
Blogger Keshi said...

Brilliant post Parag!

It's so hard for most of us to be who we really should be cos there's a 'society' demanding u to be someone else. Its sad cos we r driven by prestige, money and trends. Some ppl somehow end up fidning their music. Some never do.


**I feel that there is a certain voice inside us that tells us what is right and what is wrong from our “heart’s point of view”

thats so true. I feel Im so in the wrong field tho I do my work well. I should have been a fashion designer or some sort of creative worker. Something in the spotlight...thats what I feel. But I dun think Im gonna be that anymore.


Keshi.

11:33 PM  
Blogger mtalpz said...

Does it help to know what you dont want to do? Many a times i know for sure that this is what i dont want to do..but as you said...we get conditioned to doing it due to external pressure.
And if you dont get the motivation and push at the right time..maybe the music within you dies out while you are still alive!

8:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you don't mind me playing the devil's advocate...

Maybe, just maybe not all of us are born with a purpose. Is there a reason why crows kaw or why snakes slither and bite? Maybe not everything/ everyone has a reason.

9:36 AM  
Blogger seattle_smoke said...

Abssssssssssolutely! I wish more careerbonded pros could come out of thier shells and experiment & eperience thier latent talents..be it music, painting or pottery!

So what are u singin'?

10:24 PM  
Blogger Parag said...

Ritesh --> I agree we should do what our heart feels like doing but is it always possible ? Khayega kya ?

Fanaah --> You should seriously take on spiritualism .. You would do well

Keshi --> maybe you should take up fashion designing as a hobby.. on weekends maybe ? and if it takes off then take it up as a career
Easier now,.. when you are unmarried / non-committed


Mtalpz --> the music never dies.. It just fades.. and one fine day it comes out full volume.. telling you to stop what you are doing..
I feel that it can even take the form of an illness


SSB --> did not understand what you are trying to say.. I feel that even the crow kaws for a purpose


Seattle --> The mention in the blog to the person who like playing the guitar was you !!

What do I like doing ?
Sometimes painting
Sometimes playing games on the computer !!
Reading.. Philosophy..
Just being with my kids ..
What I really want to do .. is teach.. Maybe start a play school some day !!

10:35 PM  
Blogger seattle_smoke said...

** The mention in the blog to the person who like playing the guitar was you **
Duh..
btw I spend an avg of 1 1/2 hrs every day in guitar/music 3 hrs for movies 10 hrs for work, 2 hrs home maintenance & balance for the shut eye. btw, blogging comes under shuteye!!!

** I like Being with kids*
Music/games are for unwinding & pursuing pet likes. Now if u categorise "being with kids" under the same activity
1) I feel sorry for ur kids
2) You need therapy
sorry for my brutal candour bud.

1:14 AM  
Blogger Pri said...

mmm makes sense...well although im a doctor by profession, i still love to blog...but thn again cant think of ay other career othr than being a doc :)n this has been the case ever since i understood the meaning of the word *smiles*...so u tell me, whts my music?? :)

9:37 AM  
Blogger Keshi said...

update plz :)

Keshi.

5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home