Of Cabbages and Kings

On a crusade to find myself

Sunday, February 04, 2007

The Paradox of Exercise

The new target in my life is to lose weight and get to my “ideal weight” levels.
I realized that the biggest hindrance to that is the comfort levels that we live with.
What I mean is.. I travel to work in a car, go to my office in an elevator, at the airports we use escalators and travelators.. the list goes on.. right to the level where we have remote controls to adjust TVs, fans and lights..
Over the years, man has designed these machines / gadgets to make himself lazy.. and now that he has started feeling unhealthy (read as fat in my case), he tends to find other machines like the treadmill, cross country trainer etc to get back in shape..
I think there is some sense in doing what our ancestors did.. use the natural ways to exercise.
Its much healthier to walk on the road (may be on a beach) rather than on a treadmill.
What say ?

10 Comments:

Blogger Keshi said...

use the natrual ways Parag...thats the best way. I used to be a gym girl...aerobics, funk etc. Now I take long walks and do alot of house-work (like cleaning etc) and it's so much easier and less stressful to keep fit.

Good luck!
Keshi.

9:08 PM  
Blogger Ekta said...

hey i agree...wev just become more and more lazy in every aspect of life!!!...but do hope u can shake away the inertia and lose weight!

3:03 AM  
Blogger seattle_smoke said...

MY MOM SAYS SHE MAINTAINED GOOD HEALTH & PHYSIQUE DUE TO REGULAR HOUSE CHORES...THERE U GO..

7:49 AM  
Blogger Fanaah said...

Absolutely...house work is the best form of exercise, which is why my bai is fit as a fiddle and im a lump haha.

Hmm ppl climb the steps at Forbes, maybe u should start.

9:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're right about the old ways of staying fit.. a good walk on the beach is healthy - physically and also mentally.

It's not just physical comfort but even the mental stress we have nowadays is worse than it used to be... treadmill machines hardly address that side of fitness.

9:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:55 PM  
Blogger Ekta said...

haha well join the gang!...even I am on the weight losing spree!..Hope we all get there!

11:55 PM  
Blogger seattle_smoke said...

Not a bad thought but think about these:
1) walking on mumbai roads? u need boots,a hanky and moov!
2) Walking on mumbai beaches...what beaches, call it natural drainage,
3) Mumbai air is more polluted than people's morality!

Just watch the movie "click" and u'll know what im talking about!

11:16 AM  
Blogger itsmedesire said...

Totally agree with you :)

11:41 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hey i couldnt agree to you more!, i have been trying to get into my ideal weight for years, but cant get beyond loosing a few kgs!, I hope u can!

7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home