Of Cabbages and Kings

On a crusade to find myself

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Back After a Sabbatical

This is inspired by a blog by Keshi ,,my blog pal
When I drive through the crowded streets of Mumbai and see people and vehicles moving around like ants ..I often wonder how are their lives different from mine..
Yesterday, I was driving home and saw this lady at the traffic light waiting to cross the road and move towards the railway station.
The following thoughts came to my mind
Where must she be working ? - may be as a secretary in some private firm
What must she be earning ? Rs 5000-10000 a month ?
What would she do after she got home ? – Make dinner for the family ? Help her kids with their homework ?
Is she happy with what she is doing in life ?
Would age just zoom past her while she is living this prosaic life ?There are so many of us who live our life like this.. Like clock work.. no change..
Is this the right way to live ?
Should we be “living our lives” rather than life happening!!

3 Comments:

Blogger seattle_smoke said...

hey i thought u quit blogging! Cos I had for quite a while..

I also get into pondering when I see wrilked old ciizenson the street.. about life & afterlife.

FranklyI don't understand why every working woman you come across has to be a "secretary" earning 5k and cooking dinner..Chauvinistic!

Sorry, uve the right to your opinion!

6:49 AM  
Blogger Fanaah said...

I often think like that too. Because you never know which stranger becomes an integral part of your life!

But then dont go the way life takes you... Take life the way you go.

@Seattle Smoke: Chauvinistic, i didnt look at it that way--but now that u mention it, chauvinistic indeed! Loll

9:56 AM  
Blogger Keshi said...

wow nice one and WB! Missed ya.

Did I inspire u to write this? WOW Im stoked :)

Very interesting Qn. I guess alot of ppl, prolly billions live life that way Parag. Unfortunately. Cos not everyone has the means or the freedom to do what they like. It needs a bit of luck too and alot of realisation. Im glad that Im a free woman in many ways and that Im a daring person. I thank God for my nature.

Keshi.

6:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home